Are you planning for the best African primate safari tours holidays? Visit East African countries like Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania and Central African region like Democratic Republic of Congo that offers mountain and lowland gorillas in Virunga and Kahuzi Biega National Park respectively. Places to visit for the primates mountain and lowland gorilla tours include the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park, Mgahinga Gorilla National Park – Uganda, Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda, Virunga National Park and Kahuzi Biega National Park in DRC Congo and the Gombe Stream National Park in Tanzania.
Other places to visit for the primate safaris include the Kibale Forest National Park, Ngamba Islands Chimpanzee Sanctuary, Kalizu Forest, Kyambura Gorge, Budongo Forest in Uganda and all offering the chimpanzee trekking tours and Habituation experiences. Nyungwe Forest National Park offers the chimpanzee safaris in the Chamudongo forest and Uwinka area. Virunga National Park offers the Chimpanzee Habituation Experience in the Tango forest that is situated near the Mikeno Lodge. Also on your visit to Volcanoes National Park and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park you can experience the golden monkey tracking and these are also taken to be among the endangered primates in Africa.
Activities to encounter include the following:
- Gorilla Trekking Experience
- Gorilla Habituation Experience
- Chimpanzee Habituation Experience
- Chimpanzee Trekking Experience
- Golden Monkey Tracking
- Golden Monkey Experience in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
You can organize day excursion tours in Rwanda and you can visit the mountain gorillas in the Volcanoes National Park and for those with enough time you can take a 2 or 3 day gorilla trek in Uganda & DRC Congo. Also you can customize combined primate wildlife tours in Uganda, Rwanda and DRC Congo. To arrange the best primate tour you can work with some of the reliable tour operators that are listed here and are dedicated and very experienced at offering very affordable tours.
Here is the list of East African National Parks to visit on your primate safari tours holidays.
- Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
- Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
- Volcanoes National Park
- Virunga National Park
- Kahuzi Biega National Park
- Gombe Stream National Park
- Kibale Forest National Park
- Toro Semuliki Game Reserve
- Nyungwe Forest National Park
- Budongo Forest Reserve
- Maramagambo Forest Reserve
- Kalinzu Forest Reserve
- Kyambura Gorge
- Ngamba Islands Chimpanzee Sanctuary
Before you think for a primate safari in Africa, you should know the prices of permits of the gorilla trekking, habituation and chimpanzee trekking and habituation in all the 3 countries that are much popular for this amazing experience with the great apes in the mist.
For tourists that are interested in luxury gorilla trekking safaris, Rwanda is the only destination now to visit as the gorilla permit has been increased from $ 750 USD to $ 1500 USD per person and it is at Volcanoes National Park you find the most expensive lodges like the Bisate Eco Lodge that charges $ 1400 USD per person per night. More so there are other offers that the Rwanda Development Board has launched to those tourist who feel they want luxury style of travel and also caters too also other class of tourists in Rwanda as you can witness below.
There are however, some new packages that have been introduced and these include:
– US$ 15,000 for personalized & exclusive mountain gorilla visits for a requested targeted Gorilla family,
– US$ 30,000 for a minimum of 3 visitors for 3 consecutive days (Behind the scenes)
There are also special discounted rates:
– 30% discount (US$ 1,050) for combined trips within National Parks in Rwanda (Gorilla Trekking, Akagera and/or Nyungwe National Park) for at least 3 days during the months of November-May,
– 15% discount (US$ 1,275) on conference delegates who stay pre & post MICE events to see gorillas. Note: To acquire this discounted MICE gorilla permit you have to send your Rwanda tour operator the following: Invitation letter to the conference, Conference dates, place where conference is to take place in Rwanda/Kigali and the type of the Conference.
Apart from Rwanda, there is also other destinations like Uganda and DRC Congo where you can experience gorilla trekking tours and these destinations accommodate all tourists from Luxury, Mid-range to Budget one as the gorilla permits in Uganda and DRC Congo are relatively affordable to tourists. Here permits goes at $ 600 USD in Uganda and $ 400 USD in DRC Congo and you can chose to stay in Luxury, Mid-range or Budget lodges.
More so for the chimpanzee safari holidays you can visit Nyungwe forest after volcanoes and Akagera National Park and here permit cost $ 90 USD per person and you can too in the evening take the canopy walk designed to offer clear view of the canopies, birds in the forest. In DRC Congo at the Virunga National Park go for the Chimpanzee Habituation Experience in the Tango forest near the Mikeno Lodge and it costs $ 100 USD per person and this is an experience that begins very early like 6 am and it ends around 11 am and you can either stay again or transfer to your next destination.
Mgahinga Gorilla National Park and Volcanoes National Park are much for gorilla trekking and the golden monkey tracking in the mist. Also at the Volcanoes National Park you can experience the Mount Bisoke and Karisimbi hike, Dian Fossey trek.
Kibale Forest National Park offers the chimpanzee trekking and chimpanzee habituation and permits cost $ 150 USD and $ 220 USD per person respectively. Then for chimpanzee walk in Kyambura gorge, Kalinzu forest and Semliki reserve cost $ 50 USD per person and at Budongo forest reserve cost $ 90 USD per person and you can combine this with the game drive viewing, boat cruise, sightseeing and landscapes in the Murchison Falls National Park.